List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vince Bravdica Date:February 14 2007 4:07am
Subject:Can't get a MySQL connection either
View as plain text
This is posted by another user and I am also trying for answers at the
MySql-PHP list:

When entering the following, I do not get a response in any fashion from the
developmental server on my system, just a blank page. Any ideas how I can
complete the connection?

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 //EN"> <html> <head>
<title>MySql</title>
</head>
<?php
$dbServer='localhost';
$dbUser='root';
$dbPass='';
$dbName='test';
$link = mysql_connect("$dbServer", "$dbUser", "$dbPass") or die("Could not
connect");
print "Connected Successfully<br>";
mysql_select_db("$dbName") or die("Could not select database");
print "Database selected successfully<br>";
mysql_close($link);
?>

Vince Bravdica
President
Virtual Web Resources
 <http://www.vwebr.net/> www.vwebr.net

  _____

It has removed 2457 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com>  for free now!

Thread
Can't get a MySQL connection eitherVince Bravdica14 Feb
Re: Can't get a MySQL connection eitherdpgirago14 Feb
Re: Can't get a MySQL connection eitherMichael Louie Loria15 Feb