List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jesper Hørup Date:October 25 2006 11:21am
Subject:RE: Win32 dev on two versions of mysql
View as plain text
As long, only ONE service is running at a time it's ok to use same port.

The database `mysql` are not 100% compatible between 4.0 and 5.0
So you should use seperate datadirs for each service.

my.cnf could contain:
[mysql4]
datdir = path/to/v4data

[mysql5]
datdir = path/to/v5data

For installing them use:
c:\path-to-4.0\bin\mysqld.exe --install-manual mysql4
c:\path-to-5.0\bin\mysqld.exe --install-manual mysql5

/jesper