List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel da Veiga Date:October 24 2006 6:05pm
Subject:Re: Win32 dev on two versions of mysql
View as plain text
On 10/23/06, Brad <mysql@stripped> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I read the recent thread (Sept) on installing two instances of mysqld
> and binding them to two different IP addresses, but unfortunately I have
> to develop on two different versions of MySQL and they both need to work
> on 127.0.0.1 (localhost)--though not at the same time, of course.
> What's an easy way to accomplish this, so that I can (quickly, if
> possible) switch between say, 4.1 and 5.0.23 or whatever and have them
> both on localhost?  I realize that I can remove the instance of the
> service on each, in turn, using the MySQL Server Instance Config Wizard,
> but I'm hoping there's a quicker and easier way to do this than that.
>
> Can anyone help out..? I'm sure this isn't too unusual a situation for
> developers on Windows.

Simply install manually both versions, giving different names for each
service, set the service to the "manual" state, so windows will not
turn it on automatically, then create simple batch files like that:

net stop mysql4
net start mysql5

and another

net stop mysql5
net start mysql4

Place a shortcut on your Desktop and you can quickly switch between versions...

--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil