List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Eaton Date:August 17 2006 7:16pm
Subject:Trying to use command line interface
View as plain text
I'm running MySQL 5.0.24 as a service on Windows XP Pro.  I'm trying to
get into the command line environment and not having any luck.  Using:

...5.0\bin>mysql -u root -p rootpassword

I get another prompt for a password

Enter password: _

I enter the root password again, then I get the following error:

ERROR 1049 (42000): Unknown database 'rootpassword'

What am I doing wrong here?

Thread
Trying to use command line interfaceJames Eaton17 Aug
  • Re: Trying to use command line interfaceJoelle Tegwen18 Aug
  • Re: Trying to use command line interfaceGP lisper20 Aug
RE: Trying to use command line interfaceJesper Hørup17 Aug
  • Re: Trying to use command line interfaceJames Eaton18 Aug
RE: Trying to use command line interfaceJohn Bonnett18 Aug
Re: Trying to use command line interfaceMichael Louie Loria18 Aug