List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jorge Bastos Date:July 17 2006 8:57am
Subject:Re: newbie vs the wizards (enable-named-pipe)
View as plain text
Do you know where is the file my.ini or my.cnf?
If not do a search, and search inside the file for "networking" you'll see
an option:
skip-networking

remove the "--enable-named-pipe" option and, add only
skip-networking
or
bind-address = 127.0.0.1

for mysql 5.x the conf file says:

---
# Instead of skip-networking the default is now to listen only on
# localhost which is more compatible and is not less secure.
bind-address = 127.0.0.1
---