List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel da Veiga Date:May 11 2006 3:07pm
Subject:Re: Windows of Linux
View as plain text
On 5/11/06, Petr Vileta <petr@stripped> wrote:
> [...]

I agree with Petr, Windows is not so bad (I'm a Linux user and a
Windows gamer) but can't be considered (and I tried all versions)
stable enough for a production environment (IMHO, please no flames as
I'm not saying this because I hate Microsoft or anything, its just MY
SINGLE experience in many computing labs).

I have a Pentium 100 with 48MB of RAM running Linux and mirroring a
production server with 5 giant databases and thousands of daily
queries. Can Windows do that?

Anyway, MySQL is so portable that for many years I developed and
tested applications at Windows and then ported it with NO EFFORT at
all to my production Linux server, and even have run a Windows server
for a few months, MySQL is pretty stable and any problems should come
from the OS, so, stick with what you think is more stable and less
likely to error out.

Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil
Version: 3.1
GCM/IT/P/O d-? s:- a? C++$ UBLA++ P+ L++ E--- W+++$ N o+ K- w O M- V-
PS PE Y PGP- t+ 5 X+++ R+* tv b+ DI+++ D+ G+ e h+ r+ y++
Windows of LinuxJangita11 May
  • Re: Windows of LinuxPetr Vileta11 May
    • Re: Windows of LinuxDaniel da Veiga11 May
      • Re: Windows of LinuxJangita11 May
        • Re: Windows of LinuxDaniel da Veiga11 May
        • Re: Windows of LinuxArmando11 May
          • Re: Windows of LinuxDaniel da Veiga11 May
  • Re: Windows of LinuxJorge Bastos11 May