List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel da Veiga Date:May 11 2006 3:07pm
Subject:Re: Windows of Linux
View as plain text
On 5/11/06, Petr Vileta <petr@stripped> wrote:
> [...]

I agree with Petr, Windows is not so bad (I'm a Linux user and a
Windows gamer) but can't be considered (and I tried all versions)
stable enough for a production environment (IMHO, please no flames as
I'm not saying this because I hate Microsoft or anything, its just MY
SINGLE experience in many computing labs).

I have a Pentium 100 with 48MB of RAM running Linux and mirroring a
production server with 5 giant databases and thousands of daily
queries. Can Windows do that?

Anyway, MySQL is so portable that for many years I developed and
tested applications at Windows and then ported it with NO EFFORT at
all to my production Linux server, and even have run a Windows server
for a few months, MySQL is pretty stable and any problems should come
from the OS, so, stick with what you think is more stable and less
likely to error out.

--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil