List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Petr Vileta Date:May 11 2006 12:33pm
Subject:Re: Windows of Linux
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jangita" <jangita@stripped>
To: <win32@stripped>
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 2:10 PM
Subject: Windows of Linux

> Hello all,
>
> Im about to start a service that will be doing about 50 transactions a day
> so will grow to quite a large size.
>
> i was wondering without considering network security, which backend would
> be the best? windows or linux - we have 500 different clients who *might*
> all connect at the same time, in addition to the sheer size the database
> will grow to...

I'm Windows user but for production mysql server I recommend Linux. It is
more stable then Windows and require cheaper hardware for the same computing
power. And last but not least - Linux do not know what is the virus :-)

Petr Vileta, Czech republic
(My server reject all messages from Yahoo and Hotmail. Send me your mail
from another non-spammer site please.)

Thread
Windows of LinuxJangita11 May
  • Re: Windows of LinuxPetr Vileta11 May
    • Re: Windows of LinuxDaniel da Veiga11 May
      • Re: Windows of LinuxJangita11 May
        • Re: Windows of LinuxDaniel da Veiga11 May
        • Re: Windows of LinuxArmando11 May
          • Re: Windows of LinuxDaniel da Veiga11 May
  • Re: Windows of LinuxJorge Bastos11 May