List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 30 1999 5:19pm
Subject:A request - MySQL32 setup
View as plain text
>>>>> "Russell" == Russell Fernandes
> <russell.fernandes@stripped> writes:

Russell> Hello,
Russell> My name is Russell, I am delighted to read and know the benefits of your

Russell> software - MySql.

Russell> However I am not able to create a MySql (win32) environment - I don't
Russell> know how to install it sucessfully so that it works!

Russell> Would request you to please help me by giving me instructions how to
Russell> create the MySql environment on my PC. I have a Windows 95 - Operating
Russell> System, 4.3 G.B. Hardisk with 32 MB RAM.

Russell> After loading the software I tried to type in "mysqld" in the mysl
Russell> directory in bin subdirectory.

Russell> I get the following error.
Russell> Errors: " Can't create IP socket: no error".

Russell> Please help, would be greatly obliged.

Hi!

You have to install TCP/IP from your Windows/NT CDROM to get MySQL to work.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
A request - MySQL32 setupRussell Fernandes30 Jun
  • A request - MySQL32 setupMichael Widenius30 Jun