List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Purcell Date:March 9 2006 8:28pm
Subject:Install 5.5 Assistance Needed
View as plain text
Hello,

New user to Mysql 5.5. I did the complete install, and I entered a
username, and password for this service.  The install went smooth, but
when I try and start working on the command line, I get the following
error? There is no readme inside the install folder? Can anyone give me
some advice?

C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin>mysql -u admin -p

Enter password: *****

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)

Thread
Install 5.5 Assistance NeededScott Purcell9 Mar
  • Re: Install 5.5 Assistance NeededDaniel da Veiga9 Mar
  • Re: Install 5.5 Assistance NeededSGreen9 Mar
RE: Install 5.5 Assistance NeededLarry Elliott9 Mar