List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vic Spainhower Date:February 22 2006 12:45am
Subject:Maximum Time Reached
View as plain text
Hello,

I am using a MySQL database on my web site which for the most part is
working quite well. However, every so often (but way to often) when starting
a new form it will just stop until the 30 second maximum time is reached.
When I Press the refresh key the form is immediately displayed. It is as if
some sort of lock was set and when max time is reached it gets unlocked and
continues. This doesn't happen on any particular form as it can happen
anywhere in the application.

I'm going to throw this in just in case it may be related. I use SQLyog and
it will also experience these 30 second delays (i don't get the max time
message) when I'm just trying to view a table. It seems to happen when I
don't use it for a while and the first table that I view will take 30
seconds to view after which it will perform OK as long as I don't pause for
a while. When using MySQL Administrator I don't see any of these problems
and the support at SQLyog are baffled because the SQLyog engine is the same
as MySQL Administrator.

Any ideas as to how I can resolve this???

The provider is running MySQL version 4.1.10

Thanks,

Vic

Maximum Time ReachedVic Spainhower22 Feb
Re: Maximum Time ReachedDaniel da Veiga22 Feb
  • RE: Maximum Time ReachedVic Spainhower22 Feb
Re: Maximum Time ReachedDaniel da Veiga22 Feb
RE: Maximum Time ReachedVic Spainhower25 Feb