List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Avila Date:February 17 2006 10:21pm
Subject:GIS In MySQL Database
View as plain text
I have a Win32 MySQL database. I want to add GIS information, specifically
latitude and longitude. Reading the MySQL docs online, it seems like the WKT
format can be used to describe this information. If I understand the docs
correctly, it is stored in a blob. (I assume a TinyBlob.) If I wanted to add
the latitude and longitude of a location using SQL, how would I do that?

INSERT INTO tablename (longlat) VALUE('POINT(40.12345 -83.12345)')

where longlat would be a TINYBLOB.

Would that be correct or have I missed the train as it pulled out of the
station?

Thanks.

Mike

Thread
GIS In MySQL DatabaseMichael Avila17 Feb
  • Re: GIS In MySQL DatabasePetr Vileta18 Feb
    • Re: GIS In MySQL DatabaseLarry18 Feb
  • Re: GIS In MySQL DatabasePetr Vileta18 Feb
  • Re: GIS In MySQL DatabaseDr. Virginia R. Hetrick11 Mar
    • Re: GIS In MySQL DatabaseArmando12 Mar