List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vic Spainhower Date:February 5 2006 12:06am
Subject:RE: sets and enums
View as plain text
Bill,

I just added ENUM('ON','OFF') to the data type when I created the table. I
did not receive an error. If you didn't enter the values At the time you
created the field, then that is probably why you got the error.

Here's the SQL that was created:

ALTER TABLE `myDatabase`.`tblTest` MODIFY COLUMN `id` INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT
NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
 ADD COLUMN `enumColumn` ENUM('ON','OFF') NOT NULL DEFAULT 'OFF' AFTER `id`
, COMMENT = 'Test Table';

Hope this helps!

Vic