List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Patrice Serrand Date:December 9 2005 7:16pm
Subject:Re: I can't start mysql from the windows command line
View as plain text
I completely removed C:\mysql from my hard disk and the my.ini file in
C:\Windows. I used the mysql automated installer then the configuration
wizard.

The command C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\mysqld don't start
MySQL on Windows 98 SE.

This commands return : "[Error] Can't find messagefile 'C:\Program
Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\share\english\errmsg.sys'". (errmsg.sys exists
at that location).

(In other computer I installed this version (5.0.16) of MySQL on Windows XP.
I can run MySQL as a service. But I can't run it from the command line)