List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jorge Bastos Date:November 8 2005 6:57pm
Subject:Fw: Install MySQL 5.0 Error
View as plain text
I see no error here, only a warning saying that you cannot login into MySQL
specifing a passsword.
As the default instalation doesn't has password, login shoud be done without
password, ex:

"mysql -u root"

You even cannot have records in the user table that has the user field with
blank spaces, check that,
To get in just shutdown the server and fire it up with
"mysqld-nt --skip-grant-tables"
and then check this situation.

Jorge