List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Date:November 8 2005 5:49pm
Subject:Install MySQL 5.0 Error
View as plain text
I have Windows XP Pro version on my PC and am trying to install MySQL 5.0 on
it.
My problem is that it will not start.

I recieve error as follows

Error Nr. 1045
Access denied for user 'root@localhost' (using password NO)

If a personal firewall is running on your machine, please make sure you have
opened the TCP port 3306 for
connections. Otherwise no client application can connect to the server.
After you have opened the port please
press (Retry) to apply the security settings.

Also on the MySQL Sever Instance Configuration Wizard window
Perpare configuration is green checked
Write configuration file is gree checked
Start service is green checked
Apply security settings is red Xed

The security settings could not be applied.
Error Number 1045
Access denied for user "root@localhost' (using password: NO)

could you please point me in the correct direction to get this up and
running

Thanks

Thread
Compiling SurveyFredrick Bartlett7 Nov
  • RE: Compiling SurveyReggie Burnett8 Nov
    • Re: Compiling SurveyFredrick Bartlett8 Nov
      • Install MySQL 5.0 ErrorWarren8 Nov
      • RE: Compiling SurveyReggie Burnett8 Nov