List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jan Theodore Galkowski Date:October 20 2005 4:02pm
Subject:Re: Spatial Extension on Windows
View as plain text
Ah, Graham, that's too bad.

Yes, then the right thing to do is perform the calculations outboard,
perhaps not even using MySQL's stored procedures.  However, even without
them, many spatial calculations can be preconditioned for speed by using
several auxiliary tables.

Thanks.

BTW, is this spatial extension a MySQL MyISAM innovation, an InnoDB
innovation, or something else?

 - Jan