List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Van Sederburg Date:October 6 2005 6:30pm
Subject:XP Warning about Accessing Internet
View as plain text
When I try to connect to the MySQL server the first time, Windows XP pops
up a firewall warning saying that "mysqld.exe is attempting to access the
internet". And then you can block or allow it.

I'm afraid unwitting users are going to block the program, and then wonder
why my software won't work anymore.

Does anyone know how to prevent that warning?  I'm connecting by IP
address, but to Localhost, not to any external internet address.

Thanks!

Van

Thread
XP Warning about Accessing InternetVan Sederburg6 Oct
  • Re: XP Warning about Accessing InternetDaniel da Veiga6 Oct
    • RE: XP Warning about Accessing InternetJ.R. Bullington6 Oct
      • Re: XP Warning about Accessing InternetDaniel da Veiga6 Oct
        • RE: XP Warning about Accessing InternetJ.R. Bullington6 Oct
          • RE: XP Warning about Accessing InternetSGreen6 Oct