List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:SGreen Date:October 5 2005 12:44pm
Subject:Re: append query after another
View as plain text
Cadbury <codename13th@stripped> wrote on 10/04/2005 10:02:27 PM:

> --- "Leo G. Divinagracia III"
> <leo.divinagraciaiii@stripped> wrote:
>
> > yes, it's called nested queries.
> >
> > version 4.1 (and up) has it.  too bad it wasnt
> > implemented for so
> > long...  :(
> >
> > version 5.x will have VIEWS.
> >
> > wait... are you asking about sql queries or sql
> > STATEMENTS???
> >

> thanks for replying.. i think what i meant is sql
> queries.. actually i'm trying to call them from my
> java servlet

And how does your Java servlet connect to MySQL? I can think of at least 3
ways it might use to connect; there are probably many more than that.

Basically, the ability to parse multiple statements into multiple results
is something that is worked out through the cooperation of your client
library and the server. Some client libraries support multiple results
(each statement has to return at least a status code, doesn't it?) and may
accept multiple commands per call to the database.  Most designers just
stick with the single-result mode and make multiple calls.

Is there a pressing reason why you want to make more than one statement in
a single call to the database?

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine
Thread
append query after anotherCadbury4 Oct
  • RE: append query after anotherLeif Johnston4 Oct
  • Re: append query after anotherSGreen4 Oct
    • Re: append query after anotherCadbury5 Oct
  • Re: append query after anotherLeo G. Divinagracia III5 Oct
    • Re: append query after anotherCadbury5 Oct
      • Re: append query after anotherSGreen5 Oct
        • RE: append query after anotherLeif Johnston5 Oct
          • RE: append query after anotherCadbury6 Oct
        • Re: append query after anotherCadbury6 Oct
Re: append query after anothercrmabbott4 Oct