List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tata Respecia Date:September 8 2005 11:07pm
Subject:RE: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL Server
View as plain text
the former: a connection failed.

i used the root acct

--- "J.R. Bullington" <bullijr@stripped> wrote:

> The ODBC driver does need to be installed on the
> server, but it sounds as
> though this is a permissions problem.
>
> Can you connect to the server via
> 'root'@'localhost'? If so, try the
> username and password that want to use with your
> ODBC. If you cannot connect
> that way, make sure that either you have
> 'username'@'10.10.10.50' in your
> user configs, or use 'username'@'%' to make sure
> that you can connect for
> the time being.
>
> If not, you probably don't have the connection
> permissions with the username
> and password that you are using. Did you set up a
> DSN to connect to the
> server or are you using code?
>
> If the former, can you run the TEST DSN and tell us
> what you get? (is it a
> 'connection failed' or is it a 'username/password'
> error?)
> If the latter, can you post the code, removing the
> username and password?
>
> There are lots of reasons that the connection string
> might not work, but I
> still think that we need more data to help you out.
>
> Here's some data that we will need:
> 	What, if any, programming language are you using
> (PHP, ASP, ASP.NET,
> VB.NET, Java, etc.)
> 	Is your Linux box a web server or is this a
> client/server config?
>

> J.R.

http://lists.mysql.com/win32?unsub=1

MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerTata Respecia6 Sep
  • Re: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerBernard LEFEUVRE6 Sep
RE: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL Serverjbonnett8 Sep
  • RE: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerTata Respecia8 Sep
    • RE: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerJ.R. Bullington8 Sep
      • Re: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerDaniel da Veiga8 Sep
        • Re: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerSGreen8 Sep
      • RE: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerTata Respecia9 Sep
    • Re: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerJorge Bastos8 Sep
      • Re: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerTata Respecia9 Sep
        • RE: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerJ.R. Bullington9 Sep