List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:SGreen Date:September 8 2005 2:48pm
Subject:Re: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL Server
View as plain text
I had problems connecting via ODBC until I figured out that the Database
Name field was not optional (my permissions were fine. I know because I
had been using it by the CLI for some time). For some reason the driver
needs that information to make an initial connection or a test. Sorry but
it was so long ago that I have forgotten the exact error message but I do
remember it was something very bland and not very informative like the one
she is getting.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@stripped> wrote on 09/08/2005 10:46:22 AM:

> I may be wrong, but it seems that's not an ODBC problem, if you can't
> connect because of a permission problem, the server returns another
> error regarding user and host permission. Maybe a firewall blocking
> the connection. Try connecting using the console, or another
> application that has native (not ODBC) support for MySQL (like the
> administrator or query browser) using the same user and pass. Check
> the versions, if both the local and the remote mysqls are the same
> (password format problems).
>
> --
> Daniel da Veiga
> Computer Operator - RS - Brazil

MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerTata Respecia6 Sep
  • Re: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerBernard LEFEUVRE6 Sep
RE: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL Serverjbonnett8 Sep
  • RE: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerTata Respecia8 Sep
    • RE: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerJ.R. Bullington8 Sep
      • Re: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerDaniel da Veiga8 Sep
        • Re: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerSGreen8 Sep
      • RE: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerTata Respecia9 Sep
    • Re: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerJorge Bastos8 Sep
      • Re: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerTata Respecia9 Sep
        • RE: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerJ.R. Bullington9 Sep