List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:J.R. Bullington Date:September 8 2005 2:59am
Subject:RE: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL Server
View as plain text
The ODBC driver does need to be installed on the server, but it sounds as
though this is a permissions problem.

Can you connect to the server via 'root'@'localhost'? If so, try the
username and password that want to use with your ODBC. If you cannot connect
that way, make sure that either you have 'username'@'10.10.10.50' in your
user configs, or use 'username'@'%' to make sure that you can connect for
the time being.

If not, you probably don't have the connection permissions with the username
and password that you are using. Did you set up a DSN to connect to the
server or are you using code?

If the former, can you run the TEST DSN and tell us what you get? (is it a
'connection failed' or is it a 'username/password' error?)
If the latter, can you post the code, removing the username and password?

There are lots of reasons that the connection string might not work, but I
still think that we need more data to help you out.

Here's some data that we will need:
	What, if any, programming language are you using (PHP, ASP, ASP.NET,
VB.NET, Java, etc.)
	Is your Linux box a web server or is this a client/server config?

J.R.