List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bernard LEFEUVRE Date:September 6 2005 7:17am
Subject:Re: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL Server
View as plain text
Hello, it'easy to realize.

1 - On server Linux :

    in my.cnf file verify you have invalidated the line skip-networking

    -> #skip-networking

2 - Configure ODBC :
    - Data Source Name       The local name you want for your Database
    - Description                   Just a comment
    - Server                          Name or IP adress of the Linux server
    - User                             The name of the user who access
the Database
    - Password                      Password   for the user
    - Database                      The name of the MySql Database on
the server

    Press "Test" button permit you to verify your settings.

Bernard

Tata Respecia a écrit :

>hello!
>
>can somebody help me how MyODBC for XP connects to
>mysql server on linux fedora4? is there something that
>i need to install on the server side? how to install
>it? my present MyODBC can only connect to mysql server
>residing on xp box.
>
>thanks,
>tatarespecia

>http://mail.yahoo.com

Thread
MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerTata Respecia6 Sep
  • Re: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerBernard LEFEUVRE6 Sep
RE: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL Serverjbonnett8 Sep
  • RE: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerTata Respecia8 Sep
    • RE: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerJ.R. Bullington8 Sep
      • Re: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerDaniel da Veiga8 Sep
        • Re: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerSGreen8 Sep
      • RE: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerTata Respecia9 Sep
    • Re: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerJorge Bastos8 Sep
      • Re: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerTata Respecia9 Sep
        • RE: MyODBC for XP connects Linux MySQL ServerJ.R. Bullington9 Sep