List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 29 1999 4:44am
Subject:question about locking
View as plain text
>>>>> "Dmitry" == Dmitry Kargapolov <dimus@stripped> writes:

Dmitry> Hello.
Dmitry> I tried to use MySQL Win32-shareware version 3.21.29a-gamma-debug
Dmitry> and I found that LOCK TABLES query not properly work:

Dmitry> first thread > lock tables test write;
Dmitry> second thread > select * from test;

Dmitry> and SELECT query return a result!
Dmitry> I tested it under WinNT 4.0 server (with NTDF file system) and under
Dmitry> Win98.
Dmitry> I used --use-lock option with mysqld.

Dmitry> Does anybody know - latest commercial version of MySQL for Win32
Dmitry> behave similarly or not?

Hi!

In the official MySQL version, the locks works as expected.
(In other words, different than above)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
question about lockingDmitry Kargapolov27 Jun
  • question about lockingMichael Widenius29 Jun