List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:steven morgan Date:February 19 2005 4:03am
Subject:RE: Installing MYSql from CD
View as plain text
Dear Sir/Madam:

Could you please help me. I bought the test PHP, MySql and Apache by Julie C. Meloni ISBN:
0-672-32725-2 and I'm already in trouble.

p. 13 of the referenced text:

"Once the installation program has finished, open up the file explorer to C;\mysql\bin (if
you changed the installation location previously, this will be relative to the folder you
selected) and run winmysqladmin.exe. The application will be using the MySql default
username (test) and password (test).

Unfortunately I could not get a response when I used those two terms. So I logged on as
"Administrator" with my system password (ie the one I selected after reformatting my hard
drive last.

It seemed to accept the Administrator "password" as selected by no icon ever appeared in
the system tray. Therefore I'm at my wits end. Could you email me a reply to this
dilemma?

Also do you have any support with a toll-free number? I'm anxious to install all
applications so that I can get started.

Thank you very much,

I'm really looking forward to using PHP, MySql and Apache.

Yours truly,

Steven N. Morgan_2901@stripped      [ph/fx: 979-778-2901]

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.ipg
Thread
RE: Installing MYSql from CDsteven morgan19 Feb
  • Re: Installing MYSql from CDGraeme St.Clair19 Feb