List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:George Johnson Date:February 20 2000 3:30am
Subject:starting mysqld from an a bat file
View as plain text
Hello,

I've been trying to start mysqld from an application I wrote, wiring up a "server start"
button and a "server stop" button.  Unfortunately, when I call the bat file which calls
the mysql program, and test it using mysql from another window, it cannot connect to the
database.  It shows that it is running, however.  If I start the bat file from the
command line, it works just fine.  I'm on a Windows 98 box running a java application
which just calls a bat file containing:

cd c:\mysql\bin
mysql-opt

The "server stop" button works just fine; it calls:

c:\mysql\bin\mysqladmin --user=user -password=password shutdown

Any hints?

Thanks,
George Johnson
gjohnson@stripped

Thread
starting mysqld from an a bat fileGeorge Johnson20 Feb