List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Erich Dollansky Date:August 11 2004 12:13am
Subject:Re: First question
View as plain text
Hi,

Claudia Merida wrote:
> Hi,
> My name is Claudia. I've installed  WinMySQLAdmin Ver 1.4 for
> Win95/Win98/NT/Win2000. I download the mysql-4.0.20d-win file from mysql
> werbsite.
>
> When the installation process finished it said "Launch The REadme file
> and mySQL servers and clients 4.0.20d. But there was not check box to
> mark and ask for that option. So I called  the program by clicking on
> C:\mysql\bin\winmysqladmin.  There was no Shortcut added to the Start
> menu either.
>
> Is that normal? Or should I do something to fix this up?

This is pretty normal as MySQL is a server program.

Check the documentation how to start the server and also the client.

There are GUI based clients out there. If you want to use them, you have
to download them separately. Those clients come with icons on the desktop.

Erich
Thread
First questionClaudia Merida10 Aug
  • Re: First questionErich Dollansky11 Aug