List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<Amit_Wadhwa Date:August 10 2004 7:22pm
Subject:Calling a Stored Procedure crashing MySQL!!
View as plain text
Hi All,

Im a Newbie with Cursors,

What I basically need to do is:

Execute one SQL Statement:
Loop
    For every Record, execute a query based on results of the first
query
            Loop
                   Check a Condition based on these results.
                    If (condition)
                        Execute Another Query
                    Else
                        Execute Another Query
            End Loop
End Loop

Currently am using JDBC/Java Program to do the above in 10 Minutes for
over 400,000 Records.
But am experimenting with Cursors to see if it can be done any faster.

The Procedure is given below.
It Stores Fine. But when I call it, my MySqld-NT crashes
immediately.(...has caused an error and needs to close)

Any Help is greatly Appreciated!

Regards,

Amit Wadhwa

CREATE PROCEDURE calculatehits()

BEGIN

DECLARE cur1 CURSOR FOR SELECT f1,f2,f3,f4 FROM t1 WHERE f5 IS NOT NULL
AND f6 NOT IN ('CNL') AND f7 <> '0' AND f8<> 'null' ;
DECLARE a CHAR(16);
DECLARE b,c DATETIME;
DECLARE d int(16);
DECLARE e int(16);
OPEN cur1;
REPEAT
FETCH cur1 INTO a, b,c,d;
SELECT f9 INTO @e FROM t1 WHERE f1= @a and f2 > @b And f3 <= @c AND f4
NOT IN ('CNL') AND f5 IS NOT NULL AND f6 <> 'null';
IF d=e THEN
//do something here
END IF;
UNTIL done END REPEAT;
CLOSE cur1;

END

Thread
Calling a Stored Procedure crashing MySQL!!Amit_Wadhwa10 Aug
Re: Calling a Stored Procedure crashing MySQL!!rdo mail list address10 Aug
RE: Calling a Stored Procedure crashing MySQL!!Amit_Wadhwa10 Aug
RE: Calling a Stored Procedure crashing MySQL!!rdo mail list address10 Aug
RE: Calling a Stored Procedure crashing MySQL!!jbonnett11 Aug
RE: Calling a Stored Procedure crashing MySQL!!Amit_Wadhwa11 Aug