List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Armando Date:August 6 2004 3:47am
Subject:RE: Out of resources error
View as plain text
Hi Leigh,

As you have probably already figured out, the error means there are "Too
many open files" which I agree is somewhat terse and not very
descriptive - it basically means that too many file descriptors are
being used by the mysql daemon than are actually avaialble to it. HDD
and RAM space are not the issue. The first thing I would try is
increasing your open_files_limit system variable to allow the mysql
daemon to use more file descriptors. I believe by default the value is 0
which means MySQL will allocate a value equivalent to max_connections+5
or max_connections+table_cache*2, whichever is larger. Try setting a
larger static value to see if the error persists. Cheers.

Armando