List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:S.D.Price Date:August 4 2004 2:11pm
Subject:RE: User privileges on MySQL
View as plain text
Hi Johnathan, thanks for the advice.

I just want to run MySQL locally, but require a user to connect to a db
with username and password - as you would on a server.

I will delete the root "%" (all hosts) entry and the two ANY accounts.
This should force someone to use a password and username to make a db
connection, shouldn't it?

Cheers
Steve