List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Carter Date:June 4 1999 10:33pm
Subject:Re: function to use in where clause to compare yyyymmdd with a
timestamp
View as plain text
At 08:04 AM 6/4/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Peter,
>
>You missed the point. If you look at the example I gave, I wanted to add 14
>days, then compare the resulting *date* to a date.
>
>And I found a solution: select * from tablename where date_add(timestampcol,
>INTERVAL 14 DAY) <= 'yyyy-mm-dd'
>
>Works like a champ. And I could care less about Oracle and MSSQL.

Nither could I, MySQL is my dbm of choice. It's just that I deal with
people that write for those 'other' DBM's and I see them fall into
portability problems all the time (especially oracle people). One of the
things I like most of MySQL is it is more standard thenn the rest.... ;)

---
Peter B. Carter (peterc@stripped)
Pager: 613-751-4660
http://www.pbc.ottawa.on.ca

Thread
function to use in where clause to compare yyyymmdd with a timestampLew Barnesson4 Jun
  • Re: function to use in where clause to compare yyyymmdd with atimestampPeter Carter4 Jun
Re: function to use in where clause to compare yyyymmdd with a timestampLew Barnesson4 Jun
  • Re: function to use in where clause to compare yyyymmdd with atimestampPeter Carter5 Jun