List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dennis Thrysøe Date:May 23 1999 8:47pm
Subject:RE: multiple queries in one
View as plain text
> At 8:57 PM +0200 5/23/1999, Dennis Thrysøe wrote:
> >Is there any easy way, using the win32 client library, to send multiple
> >queries in one? WHat I mean is for intance several statements
> >seperated by a semicolon.
> >If not, is this planned or considered?
>
> What would you gain by doing this?
>
> What would the return value be?
>
> If two or more statements returned rows, how would you represent
> the result set -- for example, what if they returned different
> numbers of columns?

I see this mostly as a way to make 'scripts' for building database
structure. For instance a set of 'create table ' statements, or some insert
into statements.

The issue of returning results could be solved either by not returning
anything on this type of queries, or by returning the result of the last
executed statement withing the query.

If for instance I would like to read a mysql table-dump (or something
similar), in some other way than mysqldump, it would be smart if I could
save splitting up the individual statements myslf.

-qabi

Thread
multiple queries in oneDennis Thrysøe23 May
  • Re: multiple queries in onePaul DuBois24 May
    • RE: multiple queries in oneDennis Thrysøe24 May
      • RE: multiple queries in oneMichael Widenius28 May