List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:January 3 2000 10:10pm
Subject:Joins, order by
View as plain text
>>>>> "Leonard" == Leonard Kong <lkong@stripped> writes:

Leonard> HI:
Leonard> I am having problems with a join and wondered if anyone could help me with
Leonard> it.  The following works:

Leonard> SELECT table1.*, table2.field1, table2.field2
Leonard> FROM table1, table2
Leonard> WHERE (table1.id=1 AND table2.field3=table1.field4)

Leonard> It fails with a "Can't create/write to file '\\sql355_0.ism' (errode:2) "
Leonard> when I add the following to it:

Leonard> SELECT table1.*, table2.field1, table2.field2
Leonard> FROM table1, table2
Leonard> WHERE (table1.id=1 AND table2.field3=table1.field4)
Leonard> ORDER BY table1.field5 ASC

Leonard> I am using winnt svcpk4, mysqlwin-3.22.28, w/ 160 megs ram

Leonard> I looked in the online help, but could not find a reference to it.  If
Leonard> anyone knows where to look or understands what I am doing wrong, I would
Leonard> appreciate it.  Thanks.

Hi!

Could you please try 3.22.29;  I fixed this bug in this version!

Another option is to set the TMPDIR variable to point at some temporary
directory before you start mysqld. You can also create a c:\mysql.cnf file
with the following context:

[mysqld]
tmpdir=c:/tmp/

(The above assumes you have a directory 'c:\tmp')

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Joins, order byLeonard Kong3 Jan
  • Re: Joins, order bySinisa Milivojevic3 Jan
    • Getting started with MySQL; Access DeniedMatthias Carlsson3 Jan
      • Re: Getting started with MySQL; Access DeniedSinisa Milivojevic4 Jan
  • Joins, order byMichael Widenius4 Jan