List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:May 19 1999 12:08pm
Subject:Re: MySQL on Windows NT Server 4
View as plain text
NOEL-PIERRE Barthelemy wrote:

> Hello, I'm french and my english is not so good, so ...
>
> My problem is that, on my computer at home, i've installed MySQL
> Administration tools downloaded from www.mysql.com, and when I try to
> connect to my provider's MySQL server (by modem connection), I've errors
> telling me that <<the host pop.187.infonie.fr is not allowed to connect to
> the MySQL server >> ... and the address pop.187.infonie.fr change obviously
> each time I connect to my provider !!!
>
> I've registered one time this address using Telnet, but because it changes
> every time, what could I do to be able to connect me to this Remote MySQL
> Server ?
>
> Please Help !!!

Hi Noel-Pierre

You can open mysql to you using wildcards in the Host column.
This obviously will allow each user of your ISP to connect to this mysql DBMS.

If this is OK for you, then use something like 'pop.%.infonie.fr' or '%.infonie.fr' as
host name for your mysql user.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
MySQL on Windows NT Server 4NOEL-PIERRE Barthelemy19 May
  • Re: MySQL on Windows NT Server 4Christian Mack19 May
RE: MySQL on Windows NT Server 4NOEL-PIERRE Barthelemy19 May