List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:May 19 1999 10:41am
Subject:Re: mySQL, Win32 - moving databasefiles to a new folder
View as plain text
Peter Olsen wrote:

> Hi - I've got me a handfull trying to move some databasefiles from the
> default path (c:\mysql\data) to a user speficied path eg d:\mydb
>
> On my NT-Box mySQL installs nicely in c:\mysql per default
>
> I've read the documentation, where it states how to move the data files
> And I tried the different solutions - creating a my.cnf in the root etc ,
> without any luck
>
> I'm trying to run mySQL as a nt-service, nad it works great from the
> c:/mysql
> But this drive is my WinNT system drive, and I would like to have the
> databasefiles on a serie of drives running raid 5
>
> The NT-Box runs WinNT Server (servicepack 4), IIS 4.0 and mySQL version 3.22
>
> Thanks in the advance
>
> rgds/Peter Olsen

Hi Peter

We at COMPAL also have mysql 3.22.16 running on a NT 4.0 server SP4 as service.
It's datadir is set to D:\mysql\data in the C:\my.cnf and it works great.

The entry in the my.cnf file looks like this:
[mysqld]
basedir = c:/mysql
datadir = d:/mysql/data
tempdir = d:/tmp

The only problems we had, are related to priviledges with the 'datadir'.
As it is running as service, System must have full rights on it.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
mySQL, Win32 - moving databasefiles to a new folderPeter Olsen18 May
  • Re: mySQL, Win32 - moving databasefiles to a new folderChristian Mack19 May