List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Carter Date:July 2 2003 12:04am
Subject:Re: Domain membership breaking SQL authentication
View as plain text
Quoting BRANDON FETCH <bfetch@stripped>:

> Could an enlightened person inform me why adding a system (Win2K server) to
> a domain after having SQL installed and data populated, a web service now
> insists on authenticating using a fully qualified domain user
> (foo@stripped <mailto:foo@stripped> ) instead of the username it's
> configured for?
>
> I've since removed it from the domain but the application I have still fails
> to connect to the database.
>
> I'm guessing it has something to do with a local security policy or
> something like that.
>
> If anyone out there can explain this to me, I'd greatly appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
> Brandon

When nt2000 assigns a machine to the domain, it continues to configure
(properly, not like nt4) the ip settings. This also includes default domains
etc. MySql just follows what it is given. Odds are, you just need to update your
user and db tables with proper domain entries.

This mail sent through IMP: http://mail.pbc.ottawa.on.ca

Thread
Domain membership breaking SQL authenticationBRANDON FETCH2 Jul
  • Re: Domain membership breaking SQL authenticationPeter Carter2 Jul