List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Carter Date:June 12 2003 10:03am
Subject:Re: Strange behaviour MySQL - ASP - Windows 2000
View as plain text
This is enabled / disabled in the ODBC control pannel. Select the connection
pooling tab, highlight the mysql driver and make sure it is disabled for that
driver.

Quoting "\"Juan F. Capristán W.\"" <juan@stripped>:

>  > This is just your webserver 'connection pooling'. It keeps the
> connections
>  > open, in case it needs to use them again."
>
> Hi Peter,
>          thanks for your answer, but, is there some way to limit the
> connection pooling?, because I've noticed that there are not always 7
> "users", but 5, 6, 8... What if I want to know the exact number of
> connections I have in a web? and more important: if I run this application
> in, say, 50 different webs, will I have 350 "extra-users" using system
> resources? Perhaps after the seventh user, the connections are created when
> needed?... as you see, I'm a little lost with this.
> Oh, one more question: you say "in case it needs to use them AGAIN", so why
> are the 7 connections created while opening the first session, before
> opening 7 sessions?.
>
>          Juan.

This mail sent through IMP: http://mail.pbc.ottawa.on.ca

Thread
Strange behaviour MySQL - ASP - Windows 2000Juan F. Capristán W.10 Jun
  • Re: Explanation: Problems with MYSQL-D-MAX for win 98 DROP TABLELuciano Pulvirenti20 Aug
  • Re: Explanation: Problems with MYSQL-D-MAX for win 98 DROP TABLELuciano Pulvirenti21 Aug
    • Re: Explanation: Problems with MYSQL-D-MAX for win 98 DROP TABLEMichael Widenius21 Aug
      • Re: Explanation: Problems with MYSQL-D-MAX for win 98 DROP TABLEMiguel Angel Solórzano21 Aug
    • Re: Explanation: Problems with MYSQL-D-MAX for win 98 DROP TABLELuciano Pulvirenti22 Aug
  • Re: Explanation: Problems with MYSQL-D-MAX for win 98 DROP TABLELuciano Pulvirenti22 Aug
    • Re: Explanation: Problems with MYSQL-D-MAX for win 98 DROP TABLEMichael Widenius22 Aug
  • Re: Strange behaviour MySQL - ASP - Windows 2000Peter Carter10 Jun
Re: Strange behaviour MySQL - ASP - Windows 2000Juan F. Capristán W.12 Jun
  • Re: Strange behaviour MySQL - ASP - Windows 2000Peter Carter12 Jun