List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Carter Date:December 20 1999 9:56am
Subject:Re: Auto_increment - suggestions?
View as plain text
on 12/20/99 4:29 AM, Dennis Thrysoe - GeoGrafik A/S at dt@stripped

> Hi,
> I thought that I should ask all you experienced people, if you would happen
> to have any good ideas on this one:
> I need to create new unique IDs on the fly, but auto_increment won't cut it
> as I also need to know what the chosen id is. I need to know the new id
> before I insert the row, as the id is needed as part of the next many row
> and so forth.
> We are working on a general solution so that a system that is now based on
> Oracle can also be used with mySQL (or other rdbms).
> Any thoughts appreciated.
> -dennis
Go to my web site,, and log in as guest. Select
any wizzard (dbwiz or scriptwiz), and go to the bottom of the page and
select view in browser.

Look on the restultant page for a routine called 'adnew'. There is the code
that you will need.

Auto_increment - suggestions?(Dennis Thrysoe - GeoGrafik A/S)20 Dec
  • Re: Auto_increment - suggestions?Peter Carter20 Dec
  • Re: Auto_increment - suggestions?Krzysztof Jedon20 Dec
  • Re: Auto_increment - suggestions?Darin Vanatta20 Dec
RE: backslash about MySQL++/Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 (2)Joerg Geistmann2 May