List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 13 2003 4:54pm
Subject:Re: MEDIAN FUNCTION
View as plain text
At 9:23 +0000 3/12/03, Henry Deane wrote:
>CALCULATING THE MEDIAN
>
>Is there a function in MySQL for calculating the median.
>
>I have been through Paul DuBois' "MySQL" manual (as always a great read) but
>can not find a reference for this standard calculation.

I do cover it a bit in MySQL Cookbook, though primarily in terms of
selecting the required information and processing it in a script.
There is no SQL function for determining the value.

>I have had a thought that the term 'median' could be a word peculiar to
>Britain if this is the case what should I be referencing?
>
>In anticipation,
>Henry Deane
>McKinnon Communications Ltd
>United Kingdom

Thread
MATCH / AGAINST fatal bugMathias Berchtold12 Mar
  • MEDIAN FUNCTIONHenry Deane12 Mar
    • Re: MEDIAN FUNCTIONPaul DuBois13 Mar
  • Re: MEDIAN FUNCTIONIgnatius Reilly12 Mar