List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 4 2003 11:46pm
Subject:Re: weeding out orphans
View as plain text
At 15:34 -0800 3/4/03, Joel Fentin wrote:
>  > Have you tried increasing the size of the various max limits in the config
>>  file? I don't know of any mysql montoring tools that report processing
>info
>>  like this.  If somebody knows of a tool like this I would like to know
>about
>>  it though.
>>
>>  One simple test I use for complex queries on huge db's is to make a db
>from
>>  a small subset of the data to use as a test case.  I run the queries
>against
>>  this subset and ensure I am getting the correct results as well as
>observing
>>  the time it take to execute.
>
>Thank you for getting back to me.
>
>It turned out that increasing the size of the buffer had no effect. Next I
>removed all but 1000 records from the table of interest. My query worked
>fine on the first try. But it took several minutes.
>
>Everything was probably working the whole time. I simply didn't leave it to
>execute all through the night.
>
>So, problem solved. Thank you

Solved but slow.  Do you have indexes on the columns that you're
using to join the two tables?

>(mysql, database)
>--
>Joel Fentin    tel: 760-749-8863    FAX: 760-749-8864
>email:   joel@stripped
>Biz:   http://fentin.com
>Personal:   http://fentin.com/me/

Thread
weeding out orphansJoel Fentin4 Mar
  • Re: weeding out orphansArley Carter4 Mar
  • Re: weeding out orphansPetr Vileta5 Mar
  • Re: weeding out orphansPaul DuBois5 Mar
  • Re: weeding out orphansJoel Fentin5 Mar
    • Re: weeding out orphansPaul DuBois5 Mar
RE: weeding out orphansjbonnett7 Mar