List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:February 11 2003 4:25am
Subject:Re: Changing the mysql data directory
View as plain text
At 16:10 +0200 2/10/03, Riaan Stander wrote:
>Hi there
>
>Does any of you know if it is possible to change the mysql data directory
>without restarting mysql & without changing the my.ini file.

No.

>  My app uses the
>mysql library to communicate, but I want it to use a specific directory as
>its data directory, without affecting any other apps using mysql.

Maybe you should run multiple servers and have this app use the second
server?

>Thanks
>Riaan Stander

Thread
UNC Network Paths For DataMichael Klucher6 Feb
  • RE: UNC Network Paths For DataLoren McDonald8 Feb
  • Re: UNC Network Paths For DataGerald R. Jensen8 Feb
    • Changing the mysql data directoryRiaan Stander10 Feb
      • Re: Changing the mysql data directoryPaul DuBois11 Feb
      • Re: Changing the mysql data directoryShamit Verma12 Feb
RE: UNC Network Paths For DataPublic Folder: MySQL8 Feb