List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 29 1999 10:31pm
Subject:mysql_list_fields
View as plain text
> writes:

Dennis> Hi,
Dennis> The following does not readily seem to be covered in the manual.

Dennis> Does the 'mysql_list_fields' function in the client dll respect locks. That
Dennis> is can it describe the fields of a table, if this table is locked?

One can use mysql_list_fields or preferable SHOW COLUMNS even if the
table is locked.

Regards,
Monty

PS: Sorry for the late reply;  I am still trying to catch up with the
    mails that piled up during my vacation.
Thread
mysql_list_fieldsDennis Thrys√łe11 Nov
  • mysql_list_fieldsMichael Widenius29 Nov