List:MySQL on Win32« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:March 16 1999 11:42am
Subject:Re: Can't create IP socket: No error
View as plain text
"\"\"Zhuang Q. Ma\"\"" wrote:

> Christian,
>
> After re-installing TCP/IP twice and testing Mysqld, I am confident
> that TCP/IP is not the cause of the error.

Simple test, do a 'ping localhost'. If this works TCP/IP should be o.k.

> I'd also try a different port number, but was also no help.

I don't think it is a port number problem. There should be another error message if the
port is already in use.
But did you move 'my.cnf' to 'C:\' directory?

> What system call is made by the function that generated that
> particular error?  Is there a system setting it requires to function
> correctly?

It starts listening on the given port for clients to connect.
As far as I know there should only TCP/IP be set up correctly.

I didn't have any problems with 'mysqld --standalone'. I use it for testing on my local
machine once in a while.

Perhaps it's a OS version problem. I use it under NT 4.0 with SP4 installed.
What OS do you use?

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Can't create IP socket: No error\"\"Zhuang Q. Ma\"\"12 Mar
  • Re: Can't create IP socket: No errorChristian Mack13 Mar
    • Re: Can't create IP socket: No error\"\"Zhuang Q. Ma\"\"15 Mar
      • Re: Can't create IP socket: No errorChristian Mack16 Mar
        • Re: Can't create IP socket: No error\"\"Zhuang Q. Ma\"\"16 Mar
          • Re: Can't create IP socket: No errorChristian Mack16 Mar