List:Sydney MySQL Users Group« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reyna.Sabina Date:October 1 2008 6:31pm
Subject:LOAD - failure for a non-admin user
View as plain text
Hi,

I am using MySQL 5.0.45, for redhat-linux-gnu (x86_64).

I created a new database called HYDRO (user: admin). I created a new user
called 'hydro' in the 'localhost' (hydro@localhost) without a password.
User 'hydro' has given all provileges except the ' Grant_priv'.

As user 'hydro', I can do the following:
   - create the database
   - create tables
   - insert
   - drop table
   - drop database

When trying to use 'LOAD' from inside MySql session and from  the
command line, I can only get it to work if I use the "admin" user.
If I use the "hydro", it doesn't work due to insufficient privileges.

From the command line
---------------------
linux>cat load_junk.sql
USE HYDRO;
LOAD DATA INFILE 'junk.dat' INTO TABLE junk
FIELDS TERMINATED by '|'
LINES TERMINATED BY '\n';

linux>cat load_junk.sql
1|1.0|10.0|
2|2.0|20.0|
3|3.0|30.0|

linux>mysql < load_junk.sql
ERROR 1045 (28000) at line 3: Access denied for user 'hydro'@'localhost'
(using password: NO)

From a MySQL Session
---------------------
linux>mysql
mysql>USE HYDRO;
mysq>LOAD DATA INFILE 'junk.dat' INTO TABLE junk
     FIELDS TERMINATED by '|' LINES TERMINATED BY '\n';
ERROR 1045 (28000) at line 3: Access denied for user 'hydro'@'localhost'
(using password: NO)

Any clues?

Thanks!

 Reyna
Reyna Sabina                  Phone: (305) 361-4324
NOAA/AOML/PHOD                Fax:   (305) 361-4392
4301 Rickenbacker Causeway    Email: Reyna.Sabina@stripped
Miami, FL 33149-1087

    "Things do not get better by being left alone."

                           -Winston Churchill
Thread
LOAD - failure for a non-admin userReyna.Sabina1 Oct