List:Rhein-Neckar MySQL Users Group« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kristian Koehntopp Date:May 3 2006 8:00am
Subject:"Database War Stories"
View as plain text
Jemand hatte mich gestern nach dieser Vortragsreihe gefragt:

http://www.oreillynet.com/databases/blog/2006/04/database_war_stories.html
"Database War Stories

The 2006 MySQL User Conference was this week. As part of his research, Tim
O’Reilly asked several Web 2.0-related companies how they use databases. If
you haven’t seen the posts on O’Reilly Radar, they’re

Web 2.0 and Databases Part 1: Second Life,
Database War Stories #2: bloglines and memeorandum,
Database War Stories #3: Flickr,
Database War Stories #4: NASA World Wind, and
Database War Stories #5: craigslist.

There’s a lot for purists to hate, but given the choice between making it work
and making it perfect, I’ll choose the former every time, then do my best to
refactor toward the latter. (More on database agility next week.)"

Die dort referenzierten Artikel zeigen, auf welche Weise MySQL eingesetzt
werden kann, um Scaleout zu bekommen und was es sonst noch so an erprobtebn
Architektur-Patterns gibt.

Kristian

--
Kristian =?iso-8859-15?q?K=F6hntopp?= <kris@stripped>