List:Houston MySQL Users Group« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:December 2 2005 6:06pm
Subject:Great meeting yesterday night!
View as plain text
Hi,

Great that so many of you guys could have joined us yesterday night. I
believe we had about 12 or so people yesterday at the University of
Houston. We did two quick presentations on AJAX (mainly going over
Prototype and script.aculo.us JavaScript libraries) and also discussed
Smarty a bit.

I would be interested on knowing what some of you would like to talk
about next month. Topics for presentations would be highly appreciated.
Should we stick with PHP/Web development topics? Should we go for more
introductory presentations? Or  even MySQL related ones?

More resources for those interested:

- Smarty (http://smarty.php.net)
- Prototype (http://prototype.conio.net)
- Developer notes for prototype.js
(http://www.sergiopereira.com/articles/prototype.js.html)
- script.aculo.us (http://script.aculo.us)

Hopefully we will get a greater turnout next month!

--Joao

--
Joao Prado Maia, Senior Software Engineer
MySQL Inc., www.mysql.com

Thread
Great meeting yesterday night!Joao Prado Maia2 Dec