List:Brisbane MySQL Users Group« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Arjen Lentz Date:February 1 2006 4:18am
Subject:Re: mysql release cycle
View as plain text
Hi David,

David Ash wrote:
>>> So will distributions just release mysql major updates more frequently?
>>
>> Most distros are fairly conservative in moving to a new major RDBMS
>> release. I don't see such a move happening as an "update" within a
>> release cycle of a distro.
>> Debian for instance tends to backport security fixes into older
>> branches, regardless of what the upstream vendor does.
>
> ok... this solves my main concern
> thanks

The other thing to realise is that MySQL Network is not expensive.
It's priced simply per mysqld installation, from about $600/inst/year.
MySQL Network includes support, knowledge base, security/update alerts,
etc. It's really peanuts and should be well within range of anyone
requiring that level of service. See mysql.com/network/.

Regards,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Community Relations Manager, MySQL AB
Program Chair, MySQL Users Conference

MySQL Users Conference 2006 (Santa Clara CA, 24-27 April)
http://www.mysqluc.com/
Thread
mysql release cycleDavid Ash1 Feb
  • Re: mysql release cycleArjen Lentz1 Feb
    • Re: mysql release cycleDavid Ash1 Feb
      • Re: mysql release cycleArjen Lentz1 Feb