List:Brisbane MySQL Users Group« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Morgan Tocker Date:August 4 2005 10:33am
Subject:Re: Why are there so many dramas when people install/upgrade
View as plain text
Upgrading between any versions of software can cause problems -- and
MySQL is not immume.  Was there any specific upgrade/downgrade path
you were intending to attempt?

One problem you may encounter from 4.0 to 4.1 is the change in
password format.  It's well documented, and there is a compatibility
mode to keep using the old format.

Did you know as of 4.1 you can also export back in an old format with mysqldump?
mysqldump -Q -u root -p --all-databases --compat=mysql40 > sqldump.sql

Cheers,
Morgan