List:Brisbane MySQL Users Group« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Arjen Lentz Date:September 6 2005 12:01am
Subject:Re: MySQL & SCO
View as plain text
Hi Mark,

On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 09:37, Mark Unwin wrote:
>   Care to comment on the reasons for this ?

Sure.

> http://news.com.com/MySQL+enters+Unix+pact+with+SCO/2110-7344_3-5847453.html

MySQL has been available on SCO platforms for many years. This was
updated for SCO's new OpenServer 6. Of course, that press release came
from SCO, so there's a certain degree of spin on it ;-)

Anyway, this is not really about SCO, or about MySQL. It's about users.
MySQL is in the business of developing portable database software and
serving its users. Users on the SCO platform, like any other platform,
deserve good binaries, support and services for their database.
Right?

I'd be happy to spend a few minutes tonight to discuss this further.
I do appreciate that people who see this may have questions.

Regards,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Community Relations Manager
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

MySQL related blogs @ http://www.planetmysql.org/

Thread
MySQL & SCOMark Unwin5 Sep