List:Brisbane MySQL Users Group« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Arjen Lentz Date:August 22 2005 12:21am
Subject:Re: Search thru all fields in a table
View as plain text
Hi Mark,

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 16:25, Mark Unwin wrote:
> Is there a shortcut way (rather than manually doing a SQL Statement for
> each column), to search ALL columns in a table ?
> I have people wishing to search for text in different fields - and I'd
> like to know if there is a way to query for all columns on a given table
> in one SQL statement. (yes, I'm being lazy - or is that efficient
> ?!?!?!). Or maybe a selection of columns. Or even all columns in all
> tables (don't ask).

Spreadsheet? ;-)

A FULLTEXT index can cover multiple columns.

Regards,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Community Relations Manager
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

MySQL related blogs @ http://www.planetmysql.org/

Thread
Search thru all fields in a tableMark Unwin18 Aug
  • Re: Search thru all fields in a tableArjen Lentz22 Aug
    • Re: Search thru all fields in a tableMorgan Tocker22 Aug