List:Summer of Code« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Haihao Tang Date:August 17 2009 12:28pm
Subject:Re: GSoC Week 15 - I_S/P_S storage engine
View as plain text

> What happens if you run, say, your ORDER BY query on
> GLOBAL_STATUS table ?

I write DBUG_RETURN(HA_ERR_WRONG_COMMAND) in rnd_pos.
The I_S storage engine processes GLOBAL_STATUS like this:
Build a dynamic array for saving SHOW_VAR data in rnd_init
Get data in rnd_next.
Destroy the array in rnd_end.
In rnd_pos, it can find the right data. I think this method is not good.
I am thinking a better one.

> make sure you build mysqld with safemalloc, e.g.
>
>   ./configure --with-debug=full
>
> or run your program under valgrind

OK. I am testing. But I find mysqld without I_S storage engine, valgrind
shows that there are definitely lost memory in:
calloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:397)
my_thread_init (my_thr_init.c:397)
my_thread_basic_global_init (my_thr_init.c:140)
my_basic_init(my_init.c:126)
main (mysqld.cc:4543)

I think it is not occured by I_S storage engine.

> 4. In the last 7 days, what should I do?
>
> I'll review the patch of my other student first (it's completely ready),
> so you'll have a couple of days to fix some loose ends.

OK. I think if you can review my index part (table TABLES)earlier, it can
help me a lot.
If there are problems, I have more time to fix it. ^_^.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Robin

Thread
GSoC Week 15 - I_S/P_S storage engineHaihao Tang17 Aug
  • Re: GSoC Week 15 - I_S/P_S storage engineSergei Golubchik17 Aug
    • Re: GSoC Week 15 - I_S/P_S storage engineHaihao Tang17 Aug
Re: GSoC Week 15 - I_S/P_S storage engineHaihao Tang17 Aug